Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-22-2003, 11:27 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

There is no way anyone could have put something in. My son & husband dont touch my tank. Its a rule at my house I am the only one who goes near it and we have not had guests.. I know there has to be a reason. Thanks for trying to help me find out what it is...

Old 12-22-2003, 11:30 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes the only new addition is the top. The set up is like this. Tank one inch spacers then top then KH hangs 6 inches above top. So even if it where a toxic gas there is a one inch gap between the tank and top for it to get out.. The back also has a two inch opening where the top does not cover it...

Old 12-22-2003, 11:32 AM   #13

Run ome carbon in the meantime if you can.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:48 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Darin what is OME carbon?? After I read your last post I changed the carbon in my canister filter. Its is Kent reef carbon. WIll that do or should I be getting something else at the LFS??
Old 12-22-2003, 11:52 AM   #15

Whoops should have been some carbon. I'm typing to fast lately. You could try some purigen by Seachem or a poly filter.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:59 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

When you said two cups slowly, what does that mean. Did you drip it or just pour it in. It sounds like PH shock for the fishes from the calk. I might be off base her but no one asked how fast you add the kalk. Two cup will still send you ph up a points or so.
Depending on when you test you tank everything might of drop back down to normal.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:05 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

I used to mix exactly the same way and then pour the entire pitcure in. The 2 cups & just poured slow as I couldnt get the tube to stay in the pitcure when I tried to drip. Maybe it was the change from B-ionic then kal... I did a chewck on the PH before and after and it is lightly changed but not enough to kill everything in an hours time....And I did use PH buffer.....
Old 12-22-2003, 12:07 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

I need a hug
Old 12-22-2003, 12:23 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Electrobes
::hugs reffobsessed:: I semi know how you feel, in my newbie moment of idicy I dumped in a large amount of powered pH and it got onto my corals **** near killing them... thus far I am not even sure if most of them will be coming back
Old 12-22-2003, 06:03 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to sumphead
*hug hug* You triggered something though when you mentioned the powerhead thing. Do you have a grounding probe on the tank? It is possible, as you mentioned, to have an electrical problem. Are your inverts OK? Snails, hermits, etc...

R

Tags
tan, tank crash

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com