Tank disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
8O My son comes in the house this morning, (mid you I'm always after him about checking his tank) and says to me " why is your tank sitting at 76 degrees"? Now I know better than that, I have this Visa therm 300 watt in my sump and it stays right at 81.7 constantly. So I check it and sure enough the mains down to 76 and the sumps down to 77. one look at my heater tell the tale. Busted, cracked right down the middle, Grabbed my 150 and my 100 that I keep as spares and stuck them in. The goo dnews is Marineland is replacing my heater FREE. I had one stick on once and they replaced it but to replace a broken one is amazing. Still don't know what could make it crack though, it's in my sump 2 to 3 inches off the bottom, and nothing around it to cause a problem. :roll:

Glad you found it when you did and the fish were fried zzzzzap 8O

I had one do that before, but mine was a cheap crap heater, so that is when I decide dto go with a bit better brand!

My chiller stopped chilling on day while I was at work, when I got home my tank was over 90 degrees! My blue hippo tang was dead, but my two percula clowns survived.

I was really bummed out.

Room temperature in Lahaina is usually 80+ degrees, and the lights make things even warmer in the tank.

My chiller is working now, but tank temperature is the first thing I check when I get home!

My AC shut off one day and my tank went 90+ degrees. Luckily all my fish were ok but I lost all my SPS corals including about 15 acros most of which were only 3-5" frags but it was very upsetting. I almost gave up this hobby after that happened a couple months back but now I'm finally getting back into it :lol:

this is a disaster? a 4 degree drop in temperature?

A few nights ago while trying to figure out how to put a huge protein skimmer and powerhead into a small 44 gallon tank, I unplugged the entire system for the night and went to watch MNF. Later while I was in the kitchen I heard dripping, more like pouring, in the basement.

The output hose to the Fluval canister fell out of the tank onto the floor and started a siphon. Approximately 30 gallons of cycled saltwater soaked into the floor and leaked into the basement. I still don't call this a disaster.

yea ive had some problems with visitherm delux heaters going haywire... i had the tank go from 78 (the norm for my tank) to over 86 and ended up with 4 dead fish...

:(

Back
Top Bottom