Tank massacre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I lose snails like it isn't funny...... I could buy ten and be lucky to have five after three or so weeks.... all types turbos, ceriths, astreas etc.... the ones that die seem to lose their suction and then just take days to die....

On a different note, I think this isn't related since this second incident is recent and the other has been happening since I set up the tank

Over the last month I've lost alot of inverts...... shrimp, snails, crabs etc.... I also lost all of my goby's and blennies and they've all just dissapeared.... my nitrates etc are great at 2.5ppm..... but I did recently move a serpent star into the fuge just in case.... also I haven't heard any clicking at night and my "swimming" fish seem to be doing just fine...

any help is appreciated....

Send us all the tank stats such as SG, pH, Nitrites, Ammonia, etc. Maybe there is something were missing here.

Mike

How about your filtration? how much flow do you have in there currently? I'm just trying to help you troubleshoot the issue here. Maybe try slowly bringing your SG down to 1.23.

Mike

What's the alk/Ca at? Can you have the tank water tested for copper?

Cheers
Steve

Steve beat me...I wanted Calcium and alkalinity numbers too. I'm guessing those numbers are way too low.

What temp do you keep the tank at? What is your water change schedule (is it possible that your iodine is low)?

Back
Top Bottom