That BAD luck just dosen't STOP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If acclimation is suspected (and I would agree that this would be a fish sensitive to acclimation) then the timeframe fits, for sure. When I acclimate any species my drip-rate is dictated by the animal (1dps for inverts/corals/sensitive fish; 2-3dps for most fish). The TIME is dictated by the water parameters. Before the animal can be moved the PH and SG should match from the tank water to the drip bucket. If these parameters don't match then the animal isn't going to fare so well on transfer. It doesn't matter if it takes 15m to acclimate (the parameters were close to begin with) or 4 hours (there was a wide spread between SG/PH in the two waters and 1dps was used), my animals don't move until the water matches.

I discounted acclimation as the problem because Serious had mentioned that he acclimated properly. Gasping at the surface is a bit of a concern though. Hair algae and temp issues together though may have resulted in oxygen poor water. Tang being a relatively (to a chromis) larger fish may have had him a bit oxygen deprived.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-06/eb/

SO do tell. What did you end up getting?

Although probley saying some rude comments earlier I took your advice and decided to hold of on new fish for now. Im going to do a 15 gal. water change tonight just to make things tip top then tommrow or sat. I may get new fish. Chromis and Manderine still doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom