Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-09-2011, 06:10 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Angry The dreaded ich!

Hey guys, i know im on here alot... sorry about that. anyway I have came with a new problem, as in my last post that got off topic my tank broke out in ick. I have 2 riteri anemones. 1 soft coral, (not sure what kind) 2 fals percs, 1 engeneer goby, 1 flame angel, 1 yellow tang, and 1 cleaner wrasse. the only fish not showing signs of ich yet are the clowns and wrasse. I have a 75g tank and the only tank i could really use is a 10g for a qt and that is WAAAYYY too small for all of those fish. Now I do have a 20g long sump/fuge that i could unhook from my DT and use it as a qt, yes? I have a wet dry that i used before the sump that i could hook up again. i got this stuff that claims to be "reef safe" it's called Ich Attack by kordon and is 100% natrural. BUT it could harm my corals and nems... i have and will not ever use copper on anything just because im affraid of something going wrong and ending up in my tank... and also i don't know how i would hook up my skimmer and phosban reactor to my wet dry, there too big. i do have a seaclone skimmer though... I know i know shame on me for even buying one but it was cheap and got it when i first started and was about 4 years ago so hey. I was a new. but anyway... I know those arent the best but i hope it gets the job done for my ritteri.

someone in a last thread of my said something about hyposomething. how does that work? would it help it go away faster. and how long should I have my fish out of my dt. could I keep my nems and corals in there as well? i have no other place to put them. I have a 10g but it is cycling right now. i don't have to take out my sand and stuff from the fuge do I? it's really nice sand and don't want it to get mixed up with my crushed coral because im taking all that out soon and don't want to waist all that money from the nice sand and fuge mud that I got. we all know how expencive that stuff is. Anyway, some help would be nice, im also going to go to my lfs later on today. probably about 10 a.m. also sorry for that bad spelling it's late. UGH! everything always goes wrong when your LFS is closed!

Old 04-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

You only need to quarantine the fish. It's a fish disease. Everything else can stay in the DT. The DT will need to be fishless for awhile.(6 weeks I think).

Old 04-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My LFS sold me something they use even with there reefs. He showed me him putting it in there 300 g dt and I got a money back deal if it doesn't work
Old 04-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to DA fisherman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBz
You only need to quarantine the fish. It's a fish disease. Everything else can stay in the DT. The DT will need to be fishless for awhile.(6 weeks I think).
-1 that's really not correct to say that's a fish disease :-/

Yes it effects the fish but it has to fall off and multiply on/in the substrate so it's in the tank too...... You can take the fish out and quarantine the fish but if you don't treat the tank, THEN you must leave the tank fish-less for at least 8 weeks..
Old 04-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

It's a disease that effects fish. Im just saying it won't kill his coral. It will go away if you don't provide the disease fish for awhile. Nit picking my exact language is silly. I'm saying the same thing as you just not elaborating as well as I should. There are hundreds of ick threads with the exact method, I recommend using the search feature to find them.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
i didnt see anything wrong in what he said ich only effects fish he was correct
Old 04-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I got it all done. Yay me
Old 04-10-2011, 01:23 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyheitmiller View Post
someone in a last thread of my said something about hyposomething. how does that work? would it help it go away faster. and how long should I have my fish out of my dt. could I keep my nems and corals in there as well? ...
Did you read the link I posted in that last thread regarding the hyposomething? It answers all those questions.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:42 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My phone wouldn't really load it properly but I got it all done
Old 04-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

hey what is the chem you use

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com