Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-20-2006, 06:16 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
The lymph virus is not a danger to other inhabitants as far as I know. It may depend on the type of transmission the virus takes. We know from mammal viruses that some are hard to transmit due to the form of transmission from one host to another. FIV...a feline virus can only be transmitted blood to blood, like AIDS. Rabies, it's bodily fluids to blood (like saliva from a rabid bite).

I remember asking if it was important to isolate a lymph case and he said no. Just pick it off till it stops coming back.

We, as a people, know so much more about outer space than we do about our own oceans. This lack of knowledge can very well spell the dangers that lay in wait for us.

The oceans surely would swallow us before a rock comes down to smite the planet of it's life.
TCTFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #12
Originally Posted by TCTFish
Just pick it off till it stops coming back.
I would actually not recommend that unless the fish's eating/breathing ability was being hampered. Lymphocystis is not life threatening or damaging otherwise so it is an uneccessary and dangerous step. Good/improved water quality, diet and reduced stress are the key factors in beating this particular affliction. Vitamin soaked foods and the use of Beta Glucan being very effective as well.

Removing the growth otherwise may lead to bacterial infections and does nothing for the stress and well being of the fish.

Old 01-22-2006, 10:57 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Send a message via Yahoo to notyelo
Sorry for your loss

I am new at the saltwater tank ,however I was rasied in Fla. and started with saltwater fish. I had them for many years and never had problems maybe due to the fact that I changed tank with fresk ocean water every two weeks. I write this because now in Atl. I have to learn how to do it right. My one and last fish to be placed in my tank was to be a Flame Angel. I have had my tank set up for a year and all fish are healthy. So I purchased a Flame Angel only for it to do exactly what your fish did with in a week. I was hurt and felt the same as you. I pride myself on watching the water levels I have even been accused of making it a science and not a hobby. Well, I read as much as I could about a Flame Angel and bought another one. I could find no reason why the first one died. I lost the second one. Same way. This was heart breaking. I was helpless. After asking a endless number of questions I thought about something kind of strange. The best fish in my tank that have lived no matter what, Even when I had power loss for two days. Came from a fish store 40 miles from my house. The closest store which is always dirty and I find dead fish in there tanks from time to time is only 15 miles from my house. I have bought many fish from them and about 50% have survived. The ones I managed to save have grow very healthy. They were never very nice looking when I purchased them and I figure I was saving them from the stores lack of caring. Long story short I went back to the store 40 miles away a bought a third Angel. Tiger is just as happy as a pea in a pod. I have asked every question on what was it that killed the other two and can find no answers. I believe there must be a thousand reasons one would die. All we can do is try to make sure everything in the tank is in harmony and as perfect a place to live, then it will be up to nature. Hope you find another Angel and sorry you have to take a fish back. I have been through that too.

I keep trying and trying and trying. It can't be that hard.
notyelo is offline   Reply With Quote

angel, flame, flame angel, trouble

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com