The royal gamma sick? HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes yet.... but idk i just have a good feeling my nlenny is gonna be good. the main way to get this desease is stress right? ive seen no stress from him at all he seems happy as a clown :)

Wait till he runs out of pods and slowly starves over about a 2-3 month period.

not gonna happen....... he already has been good for 1 month or so and even if he does run out of pods he eats the food i feed him =P

yeh is that wierd or something that they eat the food you put in the tank?

well thats a bummer, but thats a good thing that wont happen to mine because its just crazy awesome

yes yet.... but idk i just have a good feeling my nlenny is gonna be good. the main way to get this desease is stress right? ive seen no stress from him at all he seems happy as a clown :)

Stress lowers the body's natural immunities, but disease can be transmitted by injury, parasite, food, etc. For what it's worth, ich (cryptocaryon) is a parasite.

well what the heck i was hoping my fire shrimp what pitch in and clean the dang things off of it to keep it safe i thik i might buy a cleaner shrimp to help out cause the fire hasnt been doing SQUAT! (yet) only had him since wednesday but lol he still does look way sick!

Fireshrimp aren't as well known for their "cleaning" behaviors. They are mainly scavengers (carnivorous) ime, there to look bright and pretty :)

do you think if i buy a cleaner shrimp itll help a lil bit with ich?

It may keep the population at bay, but I doubt it'll completely eradicate the parasites.

yeh thats what i meant...... but will it be ok in my tank like is thur enough space do you think

I've been trying to help you out as much as i can here but its time to get real here. The ich stands a very good chance of spreading to you blenny. Your fire shrimp probably looks sick because you lowered the salinity in your main tank and inverts do not tolerate lower salinity. Here is what you need to do. Very slowly over a couple days raise the SG in your main tank back up to a normal level. In your QT tank match the Ph, alk, temp, and SG of your main tank. Move the blenny to the QT and leave your main tank fishless in order to kill all the ich. Once you have done this then you can kinda start fresh and think about what you wanna do next. I saw you started another thread about putting in your next fish. I know you said you are going to wait a while but i just want to advise that that "while" needs to be at least 6-8 weeks or you will just give the ich another host. While you are waiting for all that make sure you are doing regular water changes in the QT which will keep the levels in check and do a lot of reading and research. I cannot stress the reading enough. It will save you a lot of trouble in the future.

ok lol heres what i dont understand you guys always give me a TON of crap about having my scotter blenny in the first place and therres not enough live rock how could he possibly survive in a QT tank with no live rock at all so your saying he dies if he stays and apparently **** die when he leaves so kets see what my best choice is here........ how could it live 3-4 weeks in a Qt tank when acorrding to you it cant live for 2 months in my tank?

Oh hum, most scooter blennys, mandarins, etc. do not fare well in captivity because they are not willing to feed on prepared foods as other fish and of course this is not true for every instance; Every rule has an exception, but every exception does not allow for disregard of the majority. You stated your scooter blenny is indeed eating prepared food (food you feed) so if it was moved to a quarantine tank then you should not have a problem other than keeping your water parameters in good standing. Your scooter blenny should be fed a variety along the lines of mysis, krill, minced shrimp, clams, etc. and flake should be kept minimal at best or at least switch to small pelleted versions. Variety is the spice of life for you and your fish. The reason proactive quarantine is so important is to eliminate maladies in a controlled environment rather than allowing a siege to run rampant within your main aquarium, where there are many variables at play. There are no single "cure-all" medications and truly patience is virtuous in the scheme of the industry. I applaud you for at least asking questions rather than going about your business at the expense of your livestock; however, there are many articles, websites, and books available to anyone who is willing to seize the knowledge within. Not to assume you are not trying, but virtually all questions you have asked in this thread and others are answered within this website and links given through very basic searches, which members are seemingly spinning their wheels pointing out. We are willing to answer questions as long as you are willing to take the time to research :)

ok......... i do research kinda a lot but see what i like to have is multiple sources i use websites i use this i use the LFS and the most common answer normally is the best ones. its not like i dont research lol...

I gave you my opinion. What you choose to do with that opinion is up to you. Best of luck with your tank.

Back
Top Bottom