The royal gamma sick? HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panza

Aquarium Advice Freak
yes sorry bout all that stuff i sed before and i posted this in the wrong section before but now i think its worse. the whole day today it just sat on the sand in his lil cave i dint see him move once and his eyes are still open and even during feeding it dint even move in inch is he still alive? i just got the water checked yesterday and heres the readings the ammonia is 0 the nitrate is 30 the calcium is 465 the alkalinity is 3.83 and salinity is 1.026 and i just added the fireshrimp yester day WHATS WRONG!?

How does the body look (frayed fins, redness, sores, lumps, discolorations, etc) and how is the breathing? Is it laying on its side? What happens when you try to move it?

i dint try and move it yet but hes kinda on his side not really he is leaning on a rock kinda diagnolly just a minute ago i went to look and saw him open his mouth very wide than quickly shut it oh yeah and the photsphate is 1

Well try and get a look at his entire body for abnormal signs. Any changes to the tank, chemistry or even fish addition?

well i cant really see his whole body for hes in a cave. and the only changes i made was i added the fireshrimp and the LFS told me to use this "chemical" type thing to get the phosphate down could it be that?

...and what is this chemical? How's the scooter blenny acting?

the blenny has been acting as normal the name of this chemical is Pura phoslock its little bead type things u put in a pouch and but the pouch in fromt of the filter so water runs through it and now i just looked at him again and noticed there are little white dots on the top of his head that havent always been there

White dots are usually a sign of ich unless he has raised scales from damage (if you cannot tell the difference). Do a search on ich in the forums along with quarantine tank and try to observe the entire animal somehow. This is just a wild guess based on relatively little information of the actual fishes appearence.

i dont know if its wild or not to be honest but it defineitly doesnt look good im really worried

Do you have a QT tank if so throw him in there for better observation and also for medication. it'll also make pictures easier for you to get.

quarantine tank. A small 10g tank with nothing but a light and a simple hang on back filter will suffice.

no i dont have one. nor medication is this "disease" a reallllly bad one?

lol ya i actually have been doing a lil research but same its not a big deal and easily treated and others say the oppisote lol im just really worried and dont know what to do

research.....um oh wait...listening to advice..but that hasen't worked yet....and QT...pics would help even better......
maybe this forum can't give you the "answers" you need....

ok heres is a few picsss it was toguh to get a good pic but heres the two that came out and yes infact the white dots are all over his body....
and for the QT would a bucket work?

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

ok i read a few articles already and they sed to heat up the tank so ive been on that i live in arizona so it gets way hot i normally open the lil compsrtment and have a fan off but i turned all that off and now its already at 80.1 and its still incraseing (slowly)

Put the fish in a quarantine tank. Keep the temperature the same as the main tank and stable - don't raise it. And then follow the directions in this article:

ATJ's Marine Aquarium Site - Reference - Hyposalinity Treatment

That's assuming it is actually ich. If it is, your main tank has it and will continue to have it as long as there are fish in it. The only way to break the life cycle is to have the main tank remain fishless for 6-8 weeks - which would imply moving the bleeny out.

Raising the temperature alone (with no other treatment) won't do anything but stress your fish out, lower the oxygen levels in your tank, and maybe speed up the life cycle of the parasite. But it won't kill the ich. If you let your tank overheat, you most likely will kill your gramma.

Back
Top Bottom