Things gone drastically wrong this week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhininiho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all wondering if you have any advice on the following. In the last week my cleaner shrimp disappeared, one of the clown fish has died and the other is very sick. I have two other damsels and they seem fine and are eating and behaving as normal. The tank did get very dirty quickly this week but the tests I have done or ammonia, ph, nitrite and nitrate are all within normal limits. I am at a loss as to what could have caused this and am concerned that the remaining livestock my get sick also.

Any advice or checks you could recommend will be very much appreciated. Please see attached picture of the sick nemo. I have him in quarantine to bring to Lfs tomorrow to see if they can suggest a cause for this.

Attachments

• image-3925676480.jpg
    image-3925676480.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 104
Besides looking like he's on his side he looks fine.

It would be a much bigger help if you could give us more information such a numerical test results, size of your tank, how long it's been up, etc.

Salinity?

Any ammonia or nitrite are harmful. What were the actual readings? How old is the tank?

Tank is up and running for the last 6months. Salinity was 1.022 according to hydrometer. Ammonia was 0 ph was 8.2-8.4 nitrite was 0 nitrate was 20-40 but last time the api test kit read this I brought a sample to Lfs as I was concerned. When they checked it it was 0 according to there readings so I was informed it was ok. The clown was so weak he couldn't handle the pressure of the flowmeter and was being pushed around the tank once he came up for a but of food.

Sorry it's a 96ltr tank and all seemed to be going well and I was doing water changes as recommended. Only big change in last while was I got a new light bulb. It made a significant difference to the look of the tank but I thought that would only be good for the inhabitants.

Turns out the blue devil damsel and yellow bellied damsel were bullies and the clown were under stress, well thats the Lfs reasoning as water quality was good, slightly high nitrates only, and no signs of illness on clown in pic. Lesson learned don't change setup of tank with aggressive fish pr they take over. Very disappointed as Lfs originally said they would be fine together.

Back
Top Bottom