Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-11-2005, 05:22 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

One LFS that I used to visit ("used to" being the key phrase) sold me a sea apple. My girlfriend wanted it and it was cheap, so I got it. They assured me it was safe in the reef, blah-blah-blah.

I just happened to visit my trusted LFS that night and told him about the sea apple. His eyes grew wide and he cringed when he heard it. Told me it was a ticking time-bomb, that once it died it would release it's insides and poison the entire tank. I asked him if he wanted it and he said he didn't have a place to keep it - and that he didn't want it anyway.

The Sea Apple bought the farm that night. Sorry. I'm not risking $2,000 worth of livestock while looking for a home for a sea animal that no one wants.

So I understand your situation.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 02-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Excellent idea,xahx. And remember, everyone on this site loves to help people (I'm new and I can still tell you this for sure), if you're ever not sure about a species, ask!

Old 02-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Euthanizing an animal humanely would be a lot different then mutilating it.

Anyway, to the original poster... Cleaner Shrimp are much more fun to watch than a CBS anyway

*15H marine*
-30# Live Rock
-Mixed Snails (Nassarius // Cerith // Astrea // Black Turbo // Mexican Turbo)
-8x Blue Leg Hermit Crabs // 1x Banded Serpent Star // 1x Cleaner Shrimp
-1x Royal Gramma // 1x Percula Clownfish
-2x Mushroom Leather // Metallic Green Star Polyps // Pulsing Xenia // Striped Xenia // Blue Mushroom
-Remora + Maxi-Jet 1200 // 2x Maxi-Jet 600 // Maxi-Jet 400 // Visi-Therm Deluxe 50 // Current USA Orbit 2x 40w PC
Old 02-11-2005, 05:27 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

good choice
Old 02-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok not jumping on the band wagon here but I have one too and i have had no problems with him, Is it a matter of time or will he behave if fed enough.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:50 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

I never had a problem with him messing with fish or coral, but he messed with my anemones when I tried to feed them.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:54 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thats really sad that you had to do that to the poor little guy. He's only doing what he knows to do. I think that you have changed your tune a little bit, as you said you would trade him. Thats what i suggest you do if you want him gone. On a side note, my CBS has harmed nothing at all. I guess some do and some don't.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:55 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh, did you say what size tank he was in and do you have places for him to hide?
Old 02-11-2005, 06:04 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's what I was thinking, you and Thumper have bigger tanks so your CBS are happier. I had mine in a 29 gal., I think he was mad .
Old 02-11-2005, 06:34 PM   #30
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Kind of reminds me of the places where they cut hands off for stealing, yank tongues out for lieing...I have often wondered what they do for stupidity.

Please understand that this is a place where MOST members have a respect for aquatic life that makes them cringe when hearing stories like this. I am happy that this has not deteriorated into a bad thread.

The moral of the story is to do research BEFORE making the purchase. (normally the word of a LFS is not considered research)

Tags
eat, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com