THis Shrimp is a threat no more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xahx

Aquarium Advice Freak
showphoto.php

Yea if someone has a chance, how the hell can i get the pic to show?

Instead of using the quick reply box, use the "Post Reply" button on the lower left of this page, and use the add file button to select a file from your pc. HTH

8)

here he is!

this bastard killed my clown goby and my coral cat!

Attachments

• dsc00983.jpg
    dsc00983.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 139
They are evil, I got rid of mine a long time ago. He was stealing food from my Orange Ceranthus.

well, he did get punished.. unfortunatley, but i was looking into the best interest of the others! And another inhabitant broke off his first claw, i only did the second after the idea was passed on to me!

they are just going to grow back....... when they do he'll probably kill everything in the tank out of spite

Its too bad that with a little research on your part, that none of your fish would have to die, and the CBS wouldn't have gotten punished. Its sad when aquarists blame it on the animals they have instead of their own.

When i bought it, i was told it was reef safe, and that i wouldnt harm any other fish, thats the reason i bought it. THere is a reason why its called a community tank.

Its sad when aquarists blame it on the animals they have instead of their own.
I agree. It could have been handled better. Yes, they will just grow back...what then?

well, he did get punished.. unfortunatley, but i was looking into the best interest of the others! And another inhabitant broke off his first claw, i only did the second after the idea was passed on to me!

Seriously, do not go and mutilate your livestock just because you made a bad decision. Once you take owership of a species, you are responsible for attempting to take care of it to the best of your ability. If it was trouble in your tank, I am sure a LFS would have taken it off your hands and let another fishkeeper have it.

These post always make me cringe a bit...Trapping a CBS using a "bottle fish trap" would take a few minutes at most b/c ,as you've noticed, they have hearty appetites. Give it to a LFS or another reefer whos interested.

mine gets a bit angry every now and then. but he has never really tried to cause damage.

alot of times, if you see your shrimp eating a dead fish, chances are that shrimp grabed the fish after it died of some other cause.

They are scavengers you know.

When i bought it, i was told it was reef safe
I was told this particular slug was reef safe as well, when it died, it killed off half my Nano. I went out and bought an invert book and found the slug in it. Discription said it is extremely toxic and could kill all tank inhabitants. Took the book into the LFS and showed the sales man. They did give me 50 credit.

Another mis informed guy here at work bought a 12gal nano as well. The *!@*#&!
idot at the LFS said a REGAL Tang was ok, need less to say it lived three whole weeks. Also told him a plate coral was OK, with the stock 24W lights.

Bottom line is you need to get more than one opinion, especially if you are unsure of the knowledge given to you, even by a LFS. Sometimes LFS are the worst (dumbest).

This site will help alot. You can ask one question and get alot of input from alot of knowledge and experience.

Let's not be too hard on him. He was given bad info by his LFS. Still shouldn't have broken his claw off but I'm sure each one of us has made a mistake somewhere along the lines in our fish keeping experiences.

But I also agree you should take the shrimp back. It's better for his well-being as well as your tank...Oh, and boycott your LFS!!!

thanks i think! Yea im not gonna go breaking his claws anymore, he is very hard to catch, but when i do get him, ill return him and hopefully replace him with a cleaner shrimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom