Threadfin bleeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patricksmom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im pretty new to this hobby.. I noticed the threadfin butterfly just hanging out at the bottom of the tank.. then this am she looks like shes got internal bleeding. Im pretty sure when i get home she will not be alive. but I am wondering what/why this happened. Tested the water and its [moderator edit] perferct.. only thing is we are having a filter problem.. Just figured out the little wirey screen that goes above the charcol is missing and its been shooting black stuff into the tank.. is this what did it?

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm I'm thinking maybe some of your rock work shifted and she got pinched, this happened to my diamond sandsifting goby when I was cleaning the tank once, I still feel horrible!

hmm I'm thinking maybe some of your rock work shifted and she got pinched, this happened to my diamond sandsifting goby when I was cleaning the tank once, I still feel horrible!

Thanks but I only have 2 lbs of live rock right now.. Here is a picture of her before it died. This al I lost a clownfish too..

img_1401248_0_dc1e0483d3db3d7c7f33d0c9dcb2b69e.jpg

Oh wow that is weird, I think I have heard of tangs getting some reddish spots from being in a tank with poor water parameters or malnutrition, but that doesn't seem to be the case here so I am stumped!

yea im not sure.. he ate everytime I fed.. and the water is pretty dead on.. oh well.. sucks he died.. moving on i suppose :)

Back
Top Bottom