Tiny Pocillopora eating worms?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guitarvp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok guys, so I had a colony of pocillopora that started bleaching from the bottom up. After doing some research and reading through lots of forums, I was convinced it was suffering from slow tissue necrosis. I decided to pull the colony and frag some of the unaffected pieces. I did my fragging, and dipped the 4 small frags in Revive before putting them on my frag rack. I decided to take a closer look at what was left of the bleached out coral skeleton and noticed ALOT of tiny worms swimming in the bit of water left in the bottom of the bowl. I looked over the skeleton and saw the same worms all over the place. When I say tiny I mean like the size of the fur on a kiwi fruit. All of my other coral SPS and LPS seems to be doing great with no other signs of bleaching.

Anybody have any idea what these things might be and why they only targeted the pocillopora? Attached are a couple of pictures first of the skeleton and second of the worms in a few drops of water.

image-2591168751.jpg

image-1758515439.jpg

Back
Top Bottom