to catch a fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stryder

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK, I have an issue. I want to start by saying that I consider myself to be quite agile and athletic, but when I need to catch and remove a fish from my 130gal reef for whatever reason (sickness, incompatibility, etc.. ) it is next to impossible. I have spent hours with my hand in the tank with the net. I have tried all the approaches I can think of: waiting in open water for the best position to nab em from, frantically chasing, the 2-handed scare and net, and even dismantling my reef into buckets ( not to mention about an hour and a half to catch my spotted hawk ). There must be an easier way!

I just thought I would vent :grab:

I consider myself fortunate to have this resource to discuss my tank issues and questions and share the odd story :p

That's a good one in some cases, and will try it next time but sometimes the fish is sick and won't eat or show interest in food and this is not a "lure".

It still may work though....thanks!

If the trap does not work, the method I use is to section off the tank. You can get thin plexi-glass like the kind that is used for cheap picture framing and section the tank off to a smaller area where the fish is "hold up". This allows you to only remove a smaller amount of stuff to catch the animal and hopefully reduce the stress on the rest of the inhabitants...

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom