Toadsool Coral and Baby Turbo Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissasreef

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I have two things I would love some advice on.

1.- about 10 days ago we purchased a small Toadstool Coral. We acclimated it for two hours and gave it a nice position on the substrate that gets medium flow. I target feed my smaller corals and tube worms with zooplankton. About 3 days ago I fed and shortly after it start to bend its trunk off to one side. Its color is a little darker, and each day it seems to bend more. Now it is bent over so much that one side of the top is touching the substrate. It still opens everyday and the fingers stretch to the lights. Is is ok? Should I try something diferant? Water peramiters are good.

0 nitrate
0 ammonia
0 Nitrites
0 Phos.
Calcium 450
hardness 8
ph 8.2
salinity 1.025
Temp. 80

2. Now this may sound silly, but I have only to ask. Last night after the brights and actinic had gone out and my blue leds were on. I noticed a baby snail on the glass. We identified it as a turbo snail. This morning I found it and it had found one of the small shells we have in the tank for our crabs and it was toting it around. Do I need to also put larger shells in the tank for it as it grows, and does anyone know where to find them. My lfs only has small ones.

Thank you to everyone.

No the snails shell will grow with it. Usually people will put extra shells in for their hermits.

Yep, otherwise they would be called "hermit" snails....

dont know about the toadstool, but i got a nice sized finger leather and it(devils hand) and it did pretty much the same thing, it got all bent up and looked to be...droopy but it still had its color and the polyps still came out...and then one day(probably day 12-14) it was fine, it had finally grabbed onto the rock I placed it on. I would say as long as it isnt turning colors in one spot and drooping in that spot (like a bruised area) and it is opening up fully it might just be getting used to your tank...maybe where it is in your tank has a stronger current then where it came from or the lighting may be different and it is just adjusting itself to your tank.

my toadstool did the same thing and still does every once in a while i propped mine up on another rock beside it and within a about a month it was attached to that rock as well. they turn them selves alot some times you just have to give it time. i have seen mine lay over a little for a few days the top be laying completley over touching nothing as it is high in my tank then the next day be standing up strait as it can.

Thank you for the feed back. It does still fully extend its polyps everyday, but it still is laying over. Hopefully it will staighten up!

here are pics

Attachments

• DSC02486.jpg
    DSC02486.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC02487.jpg
    DSC02487.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC02488.jpg
    DSC02488.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 56
news pics after moving corals around....
Check out the tourch.. it used to have tenticles on both sides, now only one.. anyone got any advice on that.... More pics to come

Attachments

• DSC02498.jpg
    DSC02498.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02497.jpg
    DSC02497.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC02508.jpg
    DSC02508.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC02507.jpg
    DSC02507.jpg