ToadStool Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently my toad stool has been shrinking. I don tkno why all my other corals are doing fine. is soemthign going on that i should know about..??Is it dying?
Tahnks

Is there something near it that could be stinging it, or releasing chemicals? Is it in an area with decent flow? Do you see slime sloughing off of it?

oh mang coming to think of it, it is possible that some slime came off i remember seeing some slimy string stuff in the water!! ahhhhh waht do i do...hes next to a zoa and a sinularia....dont htink they can harm him

i dont know if this makes sense...but it looks like i put shreaded tissue in my tank...you know its all transparent and it floats around?

yes, it makes sense. Move the sinularia away from it. Make sure it has good flow and just give it some time. The leather has "shed". It should be ok in a few days.

o0o so its not a bad thing....thanks a lot i got a lil worried!! the filter picked up all the slime stuff alrdy...do i still have to move the sinularia?

ok imma move it... does the slime hurt the other coral? also can i put the sinularia near the bottom?

I have observed some soft, branching corals, I assume to be Sinularia, with very long,thin sweepers. This was in a dealers tank, so I am not sure of their stinging ability. Also, leather corals will release terpenoids. Terpenoids are "chemical weapons"released in the water to claim territory, usually affecting the coral down current.As for placement, most soft corals of the leather type enjoy medium light and current.

FROM:http://www.reefs.org/library/talklog/g_davidson_042797.html

There is alot of available information on the net regarding coral issues. Just do a google search in your spare time.

wow thanks a lot hara i wouldnt know what to do with out you!! i love you mang!!

Back
Top Bottom