Toadstool help? Thin worms (black and white), crazy fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grimlock3000

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so two weeks ago, my Mushroom Leathers looked like this:

CRW_3651.jpg

Not the best Leathers around, but healthy and opening daily.

Now, a few things have happened:

0) The front Mushroom got big enough to touch the back one. The back one appears to be shedding extra fast where they could have been touching. The back mushroom is darkening.

1) My clown started hosting the Leathers most of the time, they would appear happy, but sometimes the Clown would get too frisky and just run into them.

2) I have small hair thin black and white worms, starting at the base of the Leathers, and reaching all the way up. The worms are almost 5 inches long, it appears that I have multiples

3) My Royal Gramma collects rocks and spits them at the Mushrooms. Daily!

4) Sometimes Hermits climb up the Mushrooms, and just sit there. This never use to happen.

So, for the last 4 or 5 days, neither Mushroom has opened. Each one is very slightly starting to fall over during the night, then straighen out during the day. Any idea on how to proceed from here? I turned a Powerhead to give them a little more flow but it is not helping. Everyone once in a while I see a few polyps open out but that is it.

Back
Top Bottom