Toadstool mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnsonw2

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just purchased a large reef combo rock a few hours ago. Everything seems to be adjusting except i noticed 3 toadstool mushrooms seem to be in bad shape, if not dead. When i purchased the rock i could not see the opposite side.

I acclimated by floating the bag for 20 minutes then did a coralrx dip for less than 10 minutes then dipped into a separate container of current tank water. I couldnt fit the entire piece on the bottom to adjust to the light so i lowered the intensity of the lights instead.

I noticed the problem as soon as the piece was in my tank with the lights on it. Im pretty sure this didnt occur because of my acclimation but was already like this before i purchased. Im not mad, still very happy with the piece but I dont know what to do. Should i give it some time to see if it will bounce back or dispose of it now before toxins are released?

The toadstool in the front seems great, no problems. Two others are flopped down, one worse than the other, and half of one seems ok but the other half looks like its been chewed on.

Here is a picture and thank you

Attachments

• P3070093.jpg
    P3070093.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 127
Thanks for the reply! I will watch it over the course of a few days and comment back any updates

give it time
after I transferred mine from my 37g to my 90g this was only a transfer from tank to tank I'm still baffled why it stressed so much on a short move across the room , it deflated and looked horrible ,it took it almost 2 months to re coop fully but it did they are tough , I had got some shipped they opened the same day I got them ,

Thank you, at first I didn't think it had much of a chance but now I'm hopeful for a recovery!

I actually just received a toadstool from a friend, only coral in his tank not thriving. Hadn't opened in months so he gave it to me to see how it fares in my tank and in only a week it has started to open and looks much better. I also have another toadstool, Kenya tree and mushrooms that after my tank crashed due to my skimmer dumping the skimmate they shriveled up. The Kenya tree literally melted away to nothing, the toadstool became a tiny beige nub. Now everything has recovered and grown. Just keep up your maintenance routine and it will come back. Toadstools are tough as nails yet can be very picky and close up for no apparent reason.

Cool good to know! Thanks for the words. :)

Heres a picture of the combo rock i bought. So Far so good. Also an updated shot of the back. The toadstools are open just facing straight down.
Pictures not the best cause of the blue lights but it works.

Not sure if the pictures are working or not.. they show up when i preview but disappear when i view the actual thread. About to walk out the door for the seaside parade so ill fix later if need be.

Attachments

• P3080097.jpg
    P3080097.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 94
  • P3080098.jpg
    P3080098.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 92
Back
Top Bottom