Toadstool problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rpbustillo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For the past few weeks or so my toadstool has looked "cupped" it's used to open up great. Does anybody have any idea why it would be like this? All params are great lights are 6 t5ho, coral is near middle of the tank.

Attachments

• image-2377221682.jpg
    image-2377221682.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 93
Is there anything on top of it irritating it? Mine cup like that when a crab walks across the top. Other possibility is flow. Has it changed? They love a lot of flow and could be adjusting to the flow in your tank.

Is there anything on top of it irritating it? Mine cup like that when a crab walks across the top. Other possibility is flow. Has it changed? They love a lot of flow and could be adjusting to the flow in your tank.

I moved him up off the sand bed, he also gets more flow now. There is an mp40 about 8" about him, not direct flow though.

I dont mean to change the subject but what kind of plant is that behind the toadstool.
How long has the toad been in this tank? Maybe try moving her down the column. Check your heater

I dont mean to change the subject but what kind of plant is that behind the toadstool. How long has the toad been in this tank? Maybe try moving her down the column. Check your heater

That's caulerpa, and I've had the toadstool about 7 months. Problem with moving him down is that I have zero room in the sand for anything, if you look at my reef forum my 45 is pretty packed.

Just give it time. Toadstools are very hardy. I see polyp extension so it appears to be ok.

it may just be getting used to it's new location light/flow ect
my toad stool does it time to time , it's normal
does it look like its shedding mine does it from time to time also and it will cup up
I keep mine up in a direct flow of the power head just under it , it seems happiest that way
and it will in time get used to inverts climbing on it as mine did , my coral banded shrimp climb all over it and it don't bother it any more
I used to dose but gave up since I had nothing but issues
just water changes now and everything looks good again

Back
Top Bottom