Toadstool with green white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luke6r

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I i put some bio calcium actif in to my tank , but sines then my toad stool has come out in green and white spots and some lumps or should I say blisters and it's really shrivvled up but it opened fully a few hours ago but now has closed and looks worse can any one help any ideas thanks

Why are you dosing calcium into the tank? It sounds like you have upset the balance of things in your tank by doing so and maybe even had some of...whatever this is land on the toadstool to burn it.
I would do a large water change to get levels back to normal and never dose anything without any testing...and to not dose directly into the display tank.

Hi I did what it said on the product and was advised to by my local marine pet store and the calcium was low and neede to be brought back up to normal level but my toad stool has gone like this since but I have clone all other tests , everything is spot on ! Maybe it's just unhappy because change in calcium level hopefully it comes back out :) thanks for your help

Unless a tank is very heavily stocked, 10% weekly water changes are enough to keep up with any use of essential elements in the water column. I would not continue any dosing unless you are able to run tests yourself with a good test kit (they aren't all created equal).

Back
Top Bottom