tomato clown help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was just wondering if there is something wrong with my new tomato clown that i bought. he just sits in one of the corners and swims up and down. but during feeding he will go up and eat and swim around for like 20 mins then go back to his spot. there is a pic of him too. how old do you think he is? he is about 2 - 2 1/2 inches.
thanks

Clowns do prefer to stay kind of stationary at times, especially when acclimating to a tank. Pretty normal behavior, just watch him and as long as he eats and swims around, he will probobly be ok.

BTW, looks like a cinamon to me! ;)

i didnt know what he was i just thought he was a tomato since he had one stripe. but i thought he was to dark. thanks

Every fish that i have bought in the past be it marine or fresh water do this. They either swim all along the glass going up and down. It seems like a reaction to being enclosed to me. But I am not a fish psychologist.

an anemone will not nessecarily help, esp if he is tank bred- he may not host it at all. anemones demand high light and high water conditions, and should only be added to an established tank of 1+ yrs.

i think he will be ok- hes just getting used to the surroundings. i second the opinoin on the cinnamon clown.

He will be fine. My cinamon did that for a few weeks and now he thinks he is the boss of the tank. The puffer and trigger however know how to reming him of his place ;) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom