Tomato Clown Not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently got a tomate clown from the lfs. he has been doing fine exept he is in love with my anemone. the problem is that he wont even come out of it to eat. i have tried feeding him brine shrimp, blood worms, and also just some tropical flakes. everything that i put in he wont touch, since he is to busy in his anemone. if a peice does fall down to him, he will swim out and put it in his mouth then its back out because he spits it all out. my mom says that he must be at least getting something out of it. this has been going on for about 3 days now. what should i do?

I don't think it unusual for new fish not to eat for a week or more. I'll bet he comes around. At least he is biting. I'd get more concerned when new fish let food go by without even noticing it.

His infatuation w/the anenome may be like a new love affair. But like new love affairs go, the newness will wear off :roll: and he'll probably start eating and maybe even feeding the anenome.

I rememeber my fist love ... or was it a later one... oh nevermind. :taped:

Ya give him some time. He is hiding beacuse he is afraid. Also my tomato will not eat brine, and it took some time to get him to eat flake. It took no time to get him to eat a veggie flake. (spirulina)

Back
Top Bottom