Too Late for Trumpet Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JsQuid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good evening everyone, is there anyway my Trumpet can be saved? I attached some photos of the coral and am looking for any knowledgable advice. They were a lot healthier when I purchased them, but never seemed to be doing well in my tank. It's hard to seen in the photos, but a few are starting to turn brown, not sure what that means. I have also noticed they went from a dark blue, to a white blue since they have been in my tank. My tank is about 4 months old and all parameters are zero. It's a 40 gallon breeder with a 20 long sump. The light fixture is a 4 bulb T5 HO, with 4 ati bulbs. Any additional information, and I will be sure to provide, again thanks! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390751491.092878.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390751512.920359.jpg

My guess would be you just don't have enough lighting to keep these all the way on the bottom of the tank. How is your alk and ca levels? pH? Are they stable? It is really tough at 4 months to keep some corals as your tank is still establishing itself and coral thrive on consistency and predictability.

I'd consider it. If you are confident in your water parameters, it comes down to available lighting and flow.

Uv will be your best bet. It will not get rid of it but it will give you some time to medicate you tank

I don't think it's a flow issue. I have a Mag 7 wide open on the return, and ten the opposite side has a Koralia 850... The tank has a lot of flow. I'm going to clean the reflector & maybe that would help the lights penetrate better. The Acans are on the floor & they are doing great. I'm baffled.

I would expect trumpets to need a bit more light than the acans. I think moving them up a bit is worth a try...

I keep my trumpets at the top and they seem to like it. Be careful about too much flow as I have noticed mine aren't crazy about high flow.

I'll definitely try moving them up on the lowest rock... I'll place it where there's the least flow. It's strange, I have only seen the feeder tentacles one time since I have had them. They never feed, regardless of what time I try. Everyone else eats fine.

Mine never feed other than light. I've had them for years now and have had the double in size

I placed them on a rock.. They are easily another 6 inches up in the tank. They are now receiving much more light, hopefully that'll help.

Most definitely! My GF claims to see a difference already, I'm taking a slower approach. Will give update in a few days!

No noticeable changer. Relocated the Trumpets to a low flow area, and a bit higher. Hopefully this will help rejuvenate.

Back
Top Bottom