Too Much Molting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zero333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. I just dropped a blood shrimp into my tank about 4 days ago and within the first 2 days the little guy molted. He seems to be doing fine now but what worried me is that my emerald crab of about 4 weeks just decided to molt last night. Any idea if this could be an issue of water quality or is this just a coincidence. If it could be water related what should I be checking for?

Thanks,
-Pete

Probably just coincidence. Shrimp (at least in my tank) seem to molt every 4 weeks or so, like clockwork. Hermits molt less frequently... not sure how often.

molting is a good thing. it means they are growing. and its a sign of good quality water because your iodine and minerals needed to regrow exo skeletons are present.

molting is a good thing. it means they are growing. and its a sign of good quality water because your iodine and minerals needed to regrow exo skeletons are present.

Great to hear. Yes I know the water levels had to be pretty dead on for them to molt, i just wanted to make sure that they wouldn't do this at the same time due to something extra being in the water.

Thanks for the quick responses

Back
Top Bottom