Torch coral tentacles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvcg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,
Ok, I know they're not tentacles, but what do you call them? Anyway, my torch has been doing just fine, fully expanded and appearing to love life. Last night, I noticed that a very small section of him isn't expanding and one or two specific "arms" are FULLY deflated and blow around twisting and turning in the current. The little section, including the deflated parts, are just slightly darker than the rest of the coral. Does anyone know if this should be of concern? The hammer coral in the tank is expanded and doing great, so I'm confident that the water parameters are fine. In an effort to be complete, NH3=0, NO2=0, NO3=0, Ca=420, KH=200 (a little high but coming down), pH=8.2, SG=1.023, temp=80.1.

Thanks,
-Mark

Your levels look fine, How long has this tank been up for? What other corals are close by? (maybe stinging it) Fish or inverts nipping or picking at it ? This coral likes a med. water flow and Mine does better low in the tank.

John

Back
Top Bottom