Torch coral.. white stringy stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscadoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys just got in and seen my torch with its mouth open and this string stuff coming from it. The mouth has closed a bit now but the string is still there.. just wonderng what it is and if i should be concerned??

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My params are all ok.

Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates <5. PH 8, phosphate doesnt even give me a reading. Ca 430 , mg 1280, kh 8 salinity is 1.025 temps 26°C

Did a water change yesterday and before that it was doing well water was matched salinity and temp

Attachments

• 1451307947065.jpg
    1451307947065.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 225
Looks good so far. If you start to see the fleshy part start to fall apart then it`s the brown jelly disease. Hopefully you don't have it.

So what is the white stuff? I read something like thats it guts coming out.. bit to be honest ive found limited info on torch coral problems besides brown jelly disease was just concerned as its been opening up alot bigger the last few days then all of a sudden after a pwc its smaller with an open mouth snd this white stringy stuff

Back
Top Bottom