Torch not really eating.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I've got this really cool torch. When inflated, it's larger than a softball. It has 11 seperate "heads." Anyways, it seems very disinterested in any food it seems to catch. The fish food pellets...pulls them right in, then releases them in a mucousy mass. Same with the pieces of silversides it caught. It did seem to at least take in the zooplankton, and I didn't see it spitting those out, but it has now deflated for the night. (first time I've ever seen it do this) It appears to be faring well overall. It's gaining more flouresence as the days go by, brighter and brighter green under the actinics. I just want to make sure he's going to be ok, and what you all normally feed them? A pic of it is in my gallery, and he's a bit funny shaped, so you can't see the true size. It's honestly huge. =]

I've had a branching hammer in my tank for about 4 mos. now and it always seems to do the same thing...catch some food and then let it go. It deflates every once and awhile and does shrink up some when the lights are out. HTH

I have a few frogspawns which are similar. Sometimes they will take food but will only eat tiny tiny pieces. I wouldn't worry too much, I barely ever feed mine and they are doing great. BTW, mind deflate at night as well.

I have two torch, one green and one yellow. They are both doing great, and I never feed them. I add phytoplankton, but that's it. They deflate a ton at night, but expand fully during the day. I wouldn't worry.

Back
Top Bottom