tossed in a feeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
yeahi know that gold fish are just asking for trouble with your fish, but i bought this guy when i got my trigger fish and kept him in a little tank too keep an eye on him for and infections ect, and thought he was fine too go today and man is that trigger relentless, chases the gold fish snapping his teeth takeing piece buy piece of tale whole body chunks gone, that gold fish got it a lot worse then the back of my hand.

reefrunner69 said:
Just don't get it reliant on them, they are not a good food source for SW fish.
dont worry i know he jumped at his squid 2 hours after, there not realy a good food souce for SW or FW

Use small damsels instead......tougher to catch than the goldfish and more of a workout for your trigger. Kind of cool watching that explosion of glitter (goldfish scales) everytime your trigger makes contact though.

wseaton said:
Use small damsels instead......tougher to catch than the goldfish and more of a workout for your trigger. Kind of cool watching that explosion of glitter (goldfish scales) everytime your trigger makes contact though.
yeah i was thinking of useing damsels the nest time, and there was alot of gold explosions in there , lol

There are a couple problems with using damsels...
1) If it darts to a place the trigger can't get it...it might live
2) Parasites and disease
3) they're 4.00 a pop

reefrunner69 said:
There are a couple problems with using damsels...
1) If it darts to a place the trigger can't get it...it might live
2) Parasites and disease
3) they're 4.00 a pop

all good points but
1) then it have a semi-friendly fish in the tank for a bit with a nice blue color.
2)good point, no way around that one
3)buy in bulk its cheaper

Back
Top Bottom