Trachyphyllia Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchell0605

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Guys,
For the past few days my three trachys have been pulled down against their skeletons and now on one the skeleton is starting to come through. Yet my Zoos, Morphs, Clam, Scolly, Dusters and Fish are showing no signs of problems. All parameters are good. (Trust me ;))
Any help is appreciated. Thanks Guys. :)

How long have you had it?
Where is it positioned in the aqarium (sand bed, rock mid level)?
What lighting is it under?
How much water flow is it getting?

It needs moderate to strong lighting with a moderate water flow, and it needs space around it.

Also, please post your water parameters (actual numbers) for eveything you can test for (we trust, but verify).

Too late anyway. :( Gone today. The mouth area is totally dead. Spreading quick. :(

Position: Sandbed 1ft from 6T5HO's. 2-3inches around each. Good water flow and random movement.
I've had it for around 6-7 months now.

Paras:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
pH 8.2
KH 150ppm (Mine does ppm dunno how to get it to 0.0)
Cal 400
Phates 0

Sorry for your loss.
Did you lose all three?

Is your Alk kit reporting in CaCO3, if so divide by 50 to get meq/L, or mulitply by 2.8 to get dKH.

Sorry for your losses. I wish I had something helpful to say, BUT... I don't. We lost several Acans in a similar manner. Everything tested right at the target values. Everything else is still florishing. I waited about 2 months and added a new acan. It has doubled in size and looks great. No clue what happened. Good luck in the future!

Thanks guys and Cmor, I haven't lost all three, only two, and the last isn't as bad as the other two. Just gonna keep a sharp eye on it. The green one in my little picture to the left is gone. :(

Jeeze dude.. those are such nice corals.. can't believe they left ya. Sorry for your losses. :'(

Well, i wish the best for you and i hope the last one lives and you find what you're looking for. :)

You may want to frag it and send it to a friend's tank. That way if you do lose it, you can still start over with the same coral. Just a thought. Good luck man!

You didnt have any of your fish nipping at it did you. I had that happen yrs ago. I had two dwarf angels just started munching on them.

Back
Top Bottom