tragedy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mle421

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i just got home from work to find that my largest of my two clownfish had jumped out of the tank and died on my desk. what really bugs me is that i've always had the lid on it, but i took it off a few inches in the back to help with gas exchange and temp control a few days ago, and if i hadn't he might have lived. *sigh* ok, i've had a good cry and i'm trying to be positive. Even though my beloved little crouton will be missed, does this mean i get to buy another fish! my tank is 10 gallon nano with 10lbs of live rock, one baby clown fish, a peppermint shrimp and verious other cleaning crew members. Is my tank big enough for a bi-colored blenny? if not what other fish can i get?

i know, its so tragic, he's never even tried to jump before, at least not that i've ever seen :(

You could just get another baby clown. The biocolor blenny will get to large for your nano. A couple other fish to consider though are, firefish, clown goby, jawfish and maybe one of the shrimp gobies.
Sorry for your loss :(

Sorry to hear this. :cry:
I had a clown jump out of a 2" space one time. Found him when I got home from work on the carpet all dried out. :(
My silly son was sitting not 3 feet from the poor fish playing video games and never noticed. :roll:

Sorry to hear about your clown. :cry: Fluff beat me to some great reccommendations. A purple firefish would be nice, I have a yellow clown goby in QT right now and he is set to go in my nano in a week or so.

i dont really want another swimmer, i'd rather have an interesting fish that does something cool, like burrow or scoot around. maybe a jawfish. or a royal gramma, or a watchman goby. which is the the most fun to watch do you think?

Get a watchman. They are fun. If you do, try and find him a buddy pistol shrimp. :D

i have two pistols that came with my live rock, but i think i'm leaning more towards a jawfish.

Back
Top Bottom