Treating Bacterial and Parasitic problem together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aw_Ref

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I awoke this morning to find that my raccoon butterfly was not looking too well at all. I've been away on business and my spouse isn't as observant about the fish behavior, so I don't know how long the fish has been acting wierd. At any rate, it's not eating and swimming erratically (upside down, lying on it's side, getting stuck against the overflow). The only other thing that I notice, but can't get a picture of, is that the fish has some minor skin lesions on one side. It's not the typical Ich that has covered other fish before, but it does look a bit white and some of the scales aren't laying flat.

I have pulled the fish into a QT and started with copper meds. Honestly, I don't know if that will do any good, but I figured it's better than doing nothing if it is a parasite. I'm also wondering if it may be bacteria. Can i treat with both copper and an antibiotic in the QT at the same time since i have no clue what the problem is?

Any recommendations on effective, broad spectrum antibiotics?

Thanks for the help.

Was using Cupramine, but sad to say the didn't make it more than 2-3 hours after moving him to the QT.

Back
Top Bottom