TRI-SULFA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2revup

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok i have researched all different kinds of methods to rid ICK Iknow coper isthewayto go hwevr i have reef and my qt tank is too smal to house all my fish, so i am very limited now my lfs have said try veritaid (speling) and tri-sulfa tablets both aresaid to be reef safe. lfs said that the veritaid will take th spot off and the sulfa wil kil the eggs.
is this true????

I've never used it, but it doesn't look like it treats ich:

For infections of: fin and tail rot, gill disease, popeye, and secondary infections
TriSulfa is a specially compounded broad-spectrum antibiotic for use in both fresh and saltwater aquariums.

TriSulfa treats both gram positive and gram negative infections in ornamental fish.

TriSulfa is also effective for preventing secondary bacterial infections from developing when fish are attacked by parasites.

great you answered my question at least i thnk so
TriSulfa is also effective for preventing secondary bacterial infections from developing when fish are attacked by parasites.

this is a parasite so hopefully it will kill it when dorment, any ideas??? the label on my bottle says white spot also.

Secondary infections are fungal or virial, I believe, not parasitic, but can be caused as a result of the parasite, like an infection.
Some one else might be able to explain it a little better.

TriSulfa is a specially compounded broad-spectrum antibiotic
Like you take, if you get an infection or for bronchitis.

I don't think it will kill the immature ich (tomites).

It is talking about that it will help with any infections in your fish that are after it has been infected. I dont believe this will do anything for ick in your tank going by what Roka64 said he saw on the label.

Back
Top Bottom