Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-03-2005, 11:22 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would definately quit buying more until you find out what you're doing wrong.

Kim

Old 02-03-2005, 11:44 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
I think its your acclimation.
Here is a good article on proper proceedure. It's more important than most think.
http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/acclimation.php
Make sure the PH, temp and SG match to the tank you are putting them in before placing them. Any one of these factors not matching, can send the fish into shock.
Also you should be qt'ing new arrivals for 4 weeks before placing them in your system, this is also very important.
Don't give up, stick with us, we will help you through.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:57 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

yeah iam serious if this one dies i am selling my tank
Old 02-04-2005, 12:07 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to xahx
dont give up man! once you like marine life, you will always like marine life!

If anything, start over! be careful not to get ick into your tank this time, My 2 tangs (purple and sailfin) are suffering from ick as we speak, but ive been caring for them and feeding them garlic shrimp (lol garlic and brine) and they are doing much better. My tang went from chickenpox like mumps ick to few spots. Plus ive added vitamin c daily as well, just nurse your fish back to health! Plus making ur fish healthy will encourage the immune system to stay strong.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:51 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

I think your biggest problem is not having a qt AND having so many fish (especially ones that get LARGE) in your tank... In your profile you have a 44 gallon, that is not very big for the Humma Humma, and even worse for the Niger... take it slow... get a qt and put the new fish in there for 4 weeks... then add it. Also I would get some better choices of fish. RESEARCH!!!!! Get gobies, cardinalfish, clowns, and blennies, not these guys that will outgrow your tank in a matter of a year!
Old 02-04-2005, 02:28 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to elise
dont give up! i think patience may be your problem!! And if the health of your fish is very important to you, it will be worth the wait.

Triggers do often hide and lock themselfs in a tight area to feel safe - i think its normal. Just keep an eye on him.. if you dont think things are working out, dont hesitate to bring him back and wait a little longer for new fish. maybe there is something your doing wrong and it might just take a little more time on here to realize it! You never know! its not your fault.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

How long has it been since your tank was treated? To completely get rid of ick, you need to leave the tank fallow for 4 - 6 weeks. Chances are, the ick problem may have never left.
Don't get frustrated. That is why we are all here. This is a constant learning experience for all of us. We all earn from each other. Just do some research here on tank cycling, acclimations, diseases, etc..and you should be able to succeed. This hobby takes time, and patience so if you have both, you will do fine. HTH

Mike
Old 02-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

he is doing really good now just tying to eat all my hermit crabs
Old 02-13-2005, 01:05 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
he is doing really good now just tying to eat all my hermit crabs
This trigger is not reef safe or invert safe. Say good bye to your hermits and any other invets you have. I am glad he is doing better. Keep in mind that a 44gal tank is a bit small for any trigger, it will quickly outgrow your tank.

Tags
trigger

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com