Turbo snail lose shell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmetcalf

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought two turbos about a month ago, but just recently i haven't been able to find one of them.

Today, i noticed a brown blob on my glass. when i looked at it closely, it looks like my other turbo snail, same shape and it was scraping the glass the same way, the same pattern as the turbo does. But this guy didn't have a shell. It was just a fuzzy blob that looked like a turbo from the underside.

Is this my turbo snail? Could it have lost it's shell somewhere?

I hear about the nightmare of getting flat worms, and thats the first thing i thought of when i saw the brown blob, but now i'm not sure.

Anyone have any ideas?

No snails don't loose their shells and live, You might have a stomalia snail. they are good BTW.

WOW! i looked at that page.. my little brown blob doesn't look near that amazing. Its not pretty at all actually. But the fact that he's doin the exact same thing as my remaining turbo makes me not so worried. They really look the same, just one's naked. Wonder what it is?

hey thanks guys!
That definetly looks like the little dude in my tank. Im so glad to hear that he's a good guy. Thanks for you help!! I'd be so lost without this forum... lol

I have several stomalia snail in my tanks and nothing seems to bother them really, well except for my little butt head blue devil he will pluck one off the glass swim over and stick it over in a corner. A corner where I find all sorts of things it has moved including a small frogspawn.

Back
Top Bottom