Turbos Suddenly Falling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought 6 large turbo snails about a month ago. They were fine, ever since I got them. Never had to flip them back over once. Now, they all appear to be flipping over 2-3 times a day. Any reason for this? Trates are consistantly 15ppm. Can't image that is too high for them.

Readings

Nitrate - 15ppm
trites - 0
ammo - 0
po4 - 0.1
calcium - 450
PH - 8.2
Temp - 78-80
SG - 1.025

All other kinds of snails (and all other life, for that matter) seem fine. Any thoughts? Seems like almost all if not all are having problems staying right side up.

- Skins

I had this same problem. I figured that since they devourded everything on the glass they were now going to try to comb the rest of the tank. They would just fall down, turn over (if they were able to) and go search the rocks. Unfortunatly, my hermits have eaten them now since they learned a technique of eating them when they are flipped on their backs! Too bad. Ill definatly get some more though!

There is still plenty of algae all over the place, unfortunately. I just can't seem to get my PO4 to 0 (but that's a different thread entirely, I know).

Yes, that is my fear that my hermits will take care of them overnight when lights are out. Having a hard time keeping up. What is weird is it seems like they are able to get up. Sometimes they are touching a rock...seems like it wouldn't be a problem so I leave them to let them get up on their own. Two hours later they're still there. Seems like SOMETHING is wrong.

High temps will affect them. I used to have a bunch a long time ago and they seem to die off and get lethargic. Temp was about 80 degrees. I then dropped down to 75-76 and no more losses. As a matter of fact I getting babies on the glass now.

Back
Top Bottom