Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-18-2003, 10:48 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good Luck!

Old 06-19-2003, 09:50 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Update on Tyson, my Tusk:
He is much more active than he was. He is not breathing as heavy and he is actually swimming around the tank more. He is still not eating and he looks a little disoriented. He stays mostly at the top of the tank poking his head out of the water, and swimming into the current. He bumps into the side of the tank on accasion too, but he is still living I'm waiting for Fed-Ex to bring my me the No-Ich so i can start dosing the tank. Tonight i'm going to feed my Eel, and mix some water. I made 10 Gal of RO/DI water yesterday for a 20% water change that i will do tomorrow.

Old 06-19-2003, 12:15 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
almost sounds like nitrate poisoning to me.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:20 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

i checked my levels last night and the nitrates were at 20. I cant remember a time when they werent holding steady at 15 to 20. I dont have a deep enough sand bed yet (soon) to remove all of the bioballs from my wetdry, and i know that they are the devil and keep nitrates, but i am going to remove the biomedia from the BackPack Skimmer when i do the water change tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:58 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Couldn't wait to do the water change. I did a 10Gal Water change last night, which is about 20% of my total water volume. I can see the ich comming back on the Tusks fins and tail. Guess the parasites are starting another life cycle I removed the biomedia from the BackPack Skimmer last night during the water change, im hoping that without it the nitrate leves will come down a little. He is still not eating, sigh. But he is more alert and is not swimming into things. I hope that No-Ich stuff comes soon, and most of all i hope it works for me.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com