UGHHHHHHH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian Vartanian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Jeez how am i supposed to get fish OUT of my tank!!!! LMAO
i have 3 damsels and a clarki clown i want out, but they are fast and hide in my live rock. idk how i am supposed to get them with out removing all my rock. which scares me becuase then my foxface will go crazy and i dont want him to hit me... :-/ any techniques or something?

Removing the rock is what I had to do. It stinks but since damsels are so small and quick, it may be your only option. Good luck.

I pasted this from my response to a similar question. It works
I made a trap with clear PVC but this will work. Get a clear 2 liter bottle and cut the bottom out of it. clean all the label off so it will be nice and clear. Attach a dowel rod or similar to the bottle with a ty-wrap around where the cap normally goes. Hold the bottle in your tank by the dial rod a few inches off the bottom. squirt food softly into the bottle through the threading opening. The fish will bump into the bottle trying to get the food but will figure out to go under the bottle to get it. Once the one you want is in the bottle just push the bottle down to the bottom and then put a net under bottom of bottle and pull bottle out with net over bottom.

The 2 liter trick worked like a charm with a Nasty Dottyback I had...Its a great trap! I used the cut the top off and invert it method though...

dont tell me your going to kill these poor little guys? I hate when people cycle with damsels why do it?

Back
Top Bottom