uh oh!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
my coco worm came out of his tube!, its still alive but i can tell its strugleing, is there anything i can do?

You can try putting it back in its tube, but most likely it is relocating. At this point in time it is vulnerable so you can also try putting it back in its tube and relocating the entire tube.

I just thought they secreted the tube as they grew but were otherwise attached to it. Did you get any pics of it out of the tube?

Were you spot feeding this animal phytoplankton by chance? Usually these tubed worms will relocate because of lack of food.

You were lucky IMO. They usually die when you see'm outta the tube IME. Something usually irritates'm when they leave. Not too much current or anything?

wow this thread filled up fast. i wasnt feeding it yet, its 2 days old(in my tank) it wasnt getting a whole lot of flow yet because i couldnt find a spot for it yet. this is probably why it came out. im hoping that itll make it through all of this. ill be sure to put it in a higher flow area and try to spot feed it some plankton.
Thanks evry1!

Edit: oh did u mean that high flow is bad? and sorry, i couldnt get any pictures as my cousin has my camera for her homecomming, ill try to get it back asap so if it does unfortunately happen again i can snap a pic.

well, to my suprise, the worm made a full recovery! the fans are what seems to be fully extended again! im just dosing the tank now and then and its in a decent flow area.

well sadly my parents are going out of town and im stayn at sum1 elses house so im stopping by the tank 2 times a day to do the lights / feed so im hoping that this wont hurt the tank. ill get some pics if i can. maybe this will finally get me started with the freekin 55 that i still dont have yet.

yea i really need to get one. and a ton of other supplies but i dont got the cash for all the stuff rite now. ill try to gather up some cash this week so i can get my supplies soon.

got a timer at the lfs earlier (and a new inhabitant). confusing to set up 4 me but i think its all good now.

Back
Top Bottom