um ok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MollyDoll

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well the good news is my powder blue tang is eating again and all is well. I'm not sure why he/she stopped eating all of a sudden. I believe it was the zoe, zoecon and vitamin c, i dont know why but after i stopped using them for a week the tang returned to eating...so I'll take it haha. The bad news is his lovely, bold color is back to its faded color but as long as its eating it can be whatever color it wants to be =]. Thankyou.

When I did hypo with my yellow clown goby, its color faded out. Once back in the main tank, it brightened back up again. Maybe it's just a hypo thing?

Make sure you give him plenty of greens to eat. Dried seaweed would be great. He is a herbivore.

If you mean hyposalinity, which I think you do, I didn't do that with my fish, I used copper and now I'm waiting 8 weeks. I believe the color faded because he is a tang and doesn't like my 30 gallon quarantine tank and the vitamins just made the colors stand out? That's my guess anyways, but as long as he eats its fine. Also I do feed him dried seaweed, but its brown sheets, not green, does it matter because if it does then I'll get more green.

I feed mine a variety of green, brown and purple. I dont think it makes a difference as long as he`s eating.

Back
Top Bottom