um, whats wrong with my hermit crab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScurdOfCychlidz

Aquarium Advice Regular
so i bought him last wednesday and he has seemed retarded :) hasn't moved much or anything...so i grab him and set him down in front of the tank...and he stayed there for like 4 days...so i look today and he is under one of my rocks outside of his shell...and it looks like either A his arms are falling off or B he is shedding..

i think its A...which is really gross and I have no idea why this would be happnenign? my fish arn't picking on him thats for sure..

any ideas?

man i thought he was dying...here are some pics i took...i swear it looks like his legs are commin off.

ok now its totally out of the shell sort of flowing with the current in the water...hmm, is this unusual?

here are a couple more pics of his out of body exp..lol, i just need someone to confirm that this is normal..cuz if its not it looks like he is in a lot of pain losin all these arms and stuff...oh btw he only has one pincher...which i find sorta odd

Thats just him molting and the body flapping in the breese is his molt. He has found his shell unsuitable and need a larger one. Go to your local pet store and get some larger (unpainted and unwaxed) shell. I'll bet he will move in. :)
Either that or he had a bad molt.

Back
Top Bottom