Unwell mushroom coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I recently got this mushroom off of a friend. It was doing very well and looked perfectly healthy. Now it looks like it does in the picture.

I have checked my parameters and they are all fine and pritty much exactly what it had in its old tank.

I have had it for 10 days now and only yesterday looked like this.

There was a lot of pulsing xenia touching one of its side this might be why it's ill but otherwise have no idear. Please help me save my mushroom coral. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413383695.651929.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I see nothing wrong with it, what do you think is wrong? Also just curious, what lighting are you using?

Well it is meant to look like the smaller one on the right but now it doesn't. So I assumed it was ill. And I'm not in house now but will show you soon.

Which has been in the tank longer? The smaller one looks to be browning out to me

Im gonna agree with bigred on this one. The larger mushroom looks great, its nice that its picking up the splashes of teal color.

Both mushrooms came in on the same rock.

And ow I didn't release. I got them the colour of the small one and the other mushroom just changed colour one day.

Thanks for the information guys and the lights are ones that come with the 55l Aqua one.

Well that would explain why everything seems to be browning out. Those lights are for plants not corals

Ow well I asked the person that sold it to me and he said it was fine. But I guess he might have just wanted to make some money.

What light would you recommend if I wanted medium to high light intensity and my tank was 35 cm by 30cm?

A quality par38 should let you keep sps in that size tank. And they're about as easy as it gets for reef lighting. Not sure if your overseas (assuming because if the metric system ;) ) so can't really link to any examples, but look for something similar to the ones available on coralcompulsion.com.

Thank you very much for all your help everyone.

Back
Top Bottom