Velvet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

How long should you wait until you replace fish if you had a case of velvet
I lost seven fish ,did not know what was going on plus we had a power problem do to storm in florida, all seems to be well ,the fish I saved are eating and normal ,all looks good, pete store says its ok now but I tend to not trust them as all they want is your money
I had it this weekend and added a couple doses of coper safe, seems to be gone as of today all looks good

I would wait 8 weeks, velvet is nasty and has a longer life cycle than ich.

Thanks for the info, wonder why these fish stores tell you if your fish look good in a few days or so its ok ,its a shame all these places want to do is sell not do the right thing

I agree totally.
Sorry you are having trouble. I had a Velvet outbreak some time ago. Was not fun.

You should really consider setting up a QT.. it would be better to be rid of this thing once and for all than have it lingering around.

If you QT the remaining fish and leave the main tank fallow for a couple months then you should be safe to start re-stocking.

If you leave the remaining fish in the main tank then there's a chance the problem will recur and you'll go through this all over again.

I certainly wouldn't advise any new fish purchases at the moment.

So how does a QT tank work, do you keep fish in ti so it cycles? do you do water chages like your main tank?

Back
Top Bottom