Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-30-2010, 12:44 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

No, don't use Formalin. How is the ray (I assume since you mentioned California stingray it is Urobatis halleri)? If the ray was exposed to even residual copper the black markings could be a tissue stress response, though this species is known for having black spots.

By the way, you realize this is a subtropical ray at around 62F, if you indeed have U. halleri.

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey guys the Ray is doing much better now! It turned out to be a response to an ammonia spike. A healing process I suppose is the best way to think about it. I think he's going to make it thank you to all who helped me out on this forum.

Yes unfortunately I do realize the ray needs cooler water, unfortunately there's nothing I can do because I have three other fish in there that would probably freeze to death if the water was that cold lol. He's been doing great though the last two years even with the water at 78 degrees.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:58 PM   #13
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Moved to the sick fish forum.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ray is doing much better guys! He's much happier now. I've got the ammonia at 0 again, nitrites at 0 and the nitrate down a considerable amount. my phosphates were skyhigh and now I am working on those and those are even going down now. Water is back into tip top shape! I am going to do more frequent water changes this time around and I now have a heater on the tank so that way there's no big temp drops (which is what I think contributed to the terrible ick out break)

Tags
ray

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com