Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2005, 05:31 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to Jasonanatal
I own a Liquid Test Kit and I always take readings every Friday and everything is within normal parameters. I will test the water again since I did a 50% water change last night but I only had time to test for the salinity this morning which is also within normal parameters. I will give you the exact readings tonight if you would like Fluff. I hope I'm not taking up too much of your time. You have been with me no this from the beginning. Once again I thank you.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:39 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, just for the sake of it, test and post your findings. Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, ph, temp and salinity. I'm not sure why your fish are getting sick or behaving erratically but we have to start somewhere. Also, when you did the water change did you make sure the salinity, ph and temps were the same? Large changes in these numbers will effect your fish. These may seem like no brainer things but I needed to ask.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:16 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Activist

Completely understandable Fluff. I will post them at around 11pm Easten time. I get home late from the city.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:06 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Activist

Okay guys I have had some wonderful change off events since yesterday afternoon. I went to Petco after work and I purchased a Marineland Penguin Bio-wheel 100 filter that cycles 20 gallons which is excellent for my 10 gallon quarintine tank.

I came home yesterday and removed and prepared new water for the Volitan Lionfish and emptied out the water he was currently in because his skin was all over the bottom of the tank as well as himself. It looked like he swam through a bunch of spider webs. I treated the water as recomended with the Ich treatment. This morning I check on him and their are minimal sign of shedding in the tank and on his body and he seems more relaxed but appears extremely week. I retreated the water again and will be following this routine for the next 2 weeks until he is healthy. The Volitan Lionfish is however, still not eating.

As for the Starry Puffer. All water conditions are correct and he is active as normal. he is also happy to have a 30 gallon tank all to himself. I'm glad he is not longer blowing up.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Stay on top of the water changes for the lion. A few changes a week to keep the ammonia and nitrites in check is suggested. Had he ever eaten for you? Or only quit since he's been sick?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:24 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist

The Volitan Lionfish has always eaten for me from day one. He has only just stopped eating since he started getting sick which tipped me off to a possible problem.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:44 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Give him some time. The shuffling around to a different tank and the meds etc, may just have him stressed. If he doesn't eat in a couple days, you could try soaking his food (assuming you don't feed live food) in some garlic extract. I use Kent's product Garlic Extreme and it has worked well in getting reluctant feeders going again. HTH
Old 10-20-2005, 12:53 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Activist

I will definitely give that a try if he doesn't eat by this Sunday. Would you recommend a sonner day Fluff?
Old 10-20-2005, 04:00 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm sorry to let everyone know that my little one Achilles, my Volitan Lionfish is about to pass away. Despite all your advice and my best efforts and sleepless nights. He appears to be disintegrating in the tank. His Antennea have almost falling off and the webs between them are completely gone. I'm fearfull to purchase another Volitan unless I know what caused this. Could anyone please help?
Old 10-20-2005, 04:04 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm very sorry.

Tags
ich, ick, lionfish, sick, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com