Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-12-2004, 11:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via ICQ to hitsnorth Send a message via MSN to hitsnorth
Volitan Lionfish not eating

My volitan lionfish stopped eating about a week and a half ago. He isnt interested in anything I put in the tank. In the past he has been quick to eat right out of my hand. Now when I put food in the tank the other lionfish eat it but he just doesnt care about it. Sometimes it even drops on his head and another lionfish comes by and picks it off him. He is by far the biggest lionfish in the tank. He behavior is the same as it always has been he comes up to me when he sees me. But shows no interest in food.

The tank is 110 gallons with the volitan and 2 fuzzy dwarfs, a purple tang, hawkfish, 2 damsels, and a maroon clown. There is tons of live rock. THe tank is hooked into a 70 gallon sump.

Everything else in the tank is healthy and happy. He just wont eat. I have tried silversides, krill(his favorite). And I have even tried live fish(The hawkfish is too fast for anyone and they dont have a chance).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
hitsnorth is offline   Reply With Quote

eat, eating, lionfish, not eating, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com