Watching my fish die...anything I can do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc118

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my clowns in the QT was swimming upside down, doing flips ect. I thought there wasnt enough air so i added a pump. nope....

All the suddon its fins locked and in sank to the bottom...

Has ick gotten the best of the fish?

All the other fish in the QT look fine and healthy. Swimming and eating.

It looks like its having a sezure.... :(

What are the water paramiters in the QT, how many fish? That's what happened to mine.

You were doing hyposalinity treatment werent you? If so, have you been watching the ph numbers? What is the ph now? and the salinity?

pH 8.4
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
Ammonia 0
SG 1.020

The clown is long gone....

Sorry about that. Hopefully the others will get better soon.

They look great, I hope everything turns out ok as well.

1 ?

If there are no fish in my main tank, the ick is just swimming around? So should I add a UV sterilizer to the loop?

I'm not sure about that, I do know that it won't kill all of the ICH.

8 weeks of leaving the tank fallow, is what I have read...

You can add the UV if you want but it wont get rid of the ick any quicker. But it would be a good preventive measure after you get rid of the ick. Reason you have to wait 8 weeks is for the cycle of the parasite to be broken. I believe that the UV is important but that`s a whole nother controversy.

Alright thanks

Anyone know why my fish just up and died?

Hmmm. I've never succesfully performed hypo to cure ick. (I don't own a refractometer) I normally use coppersafe. Even that is harsh on the animals.

You were at 1.009sg?

Well the other clown died, I really dont think it was ich, I think it was sick fish as usual from this LFS.

Back
Top Bottom