Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2004, 11:31 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Weird behavior from Foxface

I bought a foxface about 3 weeks ago. He has been doing fine and picking at the live rock constantly. This morning I noticed he was sitting on the sand and was a pale grey color. I thought he was dying. Then a few minutes later he changed back to his normal color and started swimming and eating again. Is this normal behavior for a foxface or is he really sick? Any help would be great.

Clayton

Old 07-23-2004, 11:39 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

My guess would be that he was sleeping. They color shift a lot, so a momentary lack of color isnt a bad thing. If it persist, then you might want to look at how your feeding him. Color is directly related to the diet he is on. He should be given dried sea weed or Nori 2-3 times a week (ideally it should be in the tank all the time) since they are grazers.

Squishy

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 12:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

He has been grazing on algae in the tank. (I have a lot right now from a period of not having any grazers at all) Should I still feed him dried seaweed along with the algae he is eating from the tank? He is pretty fat from all the eating over the past three weeks.

Clayton
Old 07-23-2004, 12:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

He needs variety in his diet as much as you do. So I would suggest doing it maybe twice a week or something. If his color, and weight, is good then you should be fine. Remember, you can also use the algae as a way to supplement his diet. Put the algae in the clip, the clip/algae into a small tupper ware bowl (for aquarium use only) and put a few drops of Vit C or Selcon on to the algae. Let it sit for 15 min or so and put it in the tank.

Squishy

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
behavior, foxface, weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com