Weird clown behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtlion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone! I just did my 10G water change today (the first since adding my clowns) and noticed that they starting twitching. It looks like they are having a seizure. I have never noticed them doing this before, but they don't seem to be having any other problems. I read on another site that several people have clowns that do this every water change, and that clowns also do this when they are pairing up. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks!

I've never seen that before, but I do have a single clown. May not mean anything, but that would seem to fit with it being a social behavior.

Mine does it fairly often, and I just have one. I've also heard of it being a mating/dominance thing. Nothing to worry about in my opinion.

Ok, that is reassuring! They seem to have stopped, and yes they were doing it only when near each other. It was just odd that it happened pretty much immediately after a water change. Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone! Both seem to be acting normally now, I was just worried. That was the first time they exhibited that type of behavior. Glad they were just "clowning" around (ahhh, horrible pun).

Back
Top Bottom