Weird clown behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJMS86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone knows why my clown fish is suddenly very interested in my red purple mushroom, he seems to think they are interesting or wants to be cuddled by them or ??? Its a new behavior, he sleeps inside a large shell that is just for him. He has started going over to the mushrooms, nudging them slightly with his chin. (which makes them shrink in towards the LR they are attached to)
Anyway...nothing serious, just was curious and no one was in the chat room.
BTW, does anyone have any suggestions for trying to remove a rather large or several rather large bristle worms?? I have tried using the trap and the pantyhose trick, neither of which have worked...any ideas would be helpful. Thanks !!! :)

It looks like your clown is trying to host the mushroom. Quite normal behavior for clowns, they're just crazy. Not sure about the bristle worm, how large is large? I have lot of them in my 20G. I can pick up a rock and there will most likely be one under there. I'm not worried about removing them, but mine may not be as large as yours.

I have about 2 or 3, that I know of, they are about 5 to 6 inches long. And they're super bold!!! They come out in the daytime to eat like everybody else, like I have to feed them too!!LOL
Just happened to catch one the other day, when it was out eating, used my turkey baster, but that opportunity doesn't happen too often. The reason I wanna get rid of a few is because they're crowding out the goby from his natural cave. There have been several days where he just stays inside the LR, because they come and go through his hole and he just doesn't wanna be bothered with them and doesn't wanna be close to them.

Normal behavior to me. As mentioned above just hosting them. Mine host several corals. Here he is with the mushrooms.

100_1358.JPG

Great picture...thanks for sharing it!! But my mushroom( s ) don't like him touching/biting/nudging them. They shrink up teeny tiny to try to get away from him, but he still does it. Is there anything else I can give the clown to make him feel ''cuddled''
I have a nano tank (8gal), so an anenome is not possible. Its odd because he has been really content with his own shell/home for 9+ months now, wondering why he started this.....

if they are that bold and coming out... get something and grab them

Back
Top Bottom