Weird Foxface?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashburyblue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there! New to the forum, looks like a great place to be!
Got a question about my foxface. We purchased a young (about 3 inches long) foxface from the LFS about 2 weeks ago. I don't know if he was tank raised or wild caught. He seemed to be quite happy for the first week. Then we did our first water change/vaccuum after he had made the tank home. Now, he seems to be hiding and isn't interested in food. He comes out periodically and then retreats to the bottom corner of the tank and then starts to partially camouflage (did I spell that right?). Specs - 75 gallon reef, protein skimmer, tidepool sump, carbon and phos-sorb in the sump, nitrites 30ppm, phosphates 30ppm - yes, we are recovering from an algae thing....tankmates are one niger trigger about 3 years old, a 6line wrasse - had him about a year, an azure damsel - about 3 years old, a snowflake morae - about a year old, some star polyps, various mushrooms, and yellow polyps - everyone seems to be fine......everything I've read about the foxface suggests that he's pretty hearty, but i'm not so sure about this fella. As for food, I just got some Formula two flake, and he seemed to be picking at the rock the previous week.
any insight would be most welcome!
thanx!

Welcome to AA!!

I hope that was a typo on the NitrItes at 30ppm, that is not good at all! What is your PH and SG? Have you had temp swings? Sometimes it takes a fish a little time to get happy but it sounds to me like you are a bit overstocked. The eel can get 24"+ the trigger can get 10"+. Do you test for ammonia? How much LR is in the tank?

I agree, those nitrItes way too high.
Do you premix your water?

Back
Top Bottom